Welcome To The Aborn Elementary School
“Students come to school… seeking themselves. Like all humans, they are looking for a sense of their own meanings, roles, and possibilities.” Tomlinson and McTighe
At the Aborn elementary school we never forget the above fact. It is our job and our mission, to work closely with parents and other members of the community to create students who enjoy the process of learning, attain the 21st century skills they need to lead successful lives, and in that process, discover their talents and ultimately themselves.
We do this within the context of standards-based instruction and assessment, as well as a mindful focus on developing a character that includes responsibility, good decision-making, and empathy for others. These are things that students will carry with them throughout their lives.
Our staff members value the following responsive approaches to teaching:
- Find ways to get to know students
- Incorporate opportunities for small group teaching and activities into weekly routines
- Teach to the high end and state expectations clearly
- Offer multiple ways to explore learning
- Teach with different learning styles in mind
- Frequently monitor student understanding.
We welcome you to join us in our efforts to guide the journey of our next generation.
Feel free to peruse the pages of our website, which we will be updating throughout the year.
If you have any questions or contributions, feel free to contact us!