Just a reminder of a few of the upcoming events:
- Friday May 29th: Asian American Night
Classical Auditorium | 7 PM
- Wednesday June 3rd: Guidance Award Night
Classical Auditorium | 6 PM
- Thursday June 4th Alumni and Friends Scholarship Night
St. Michaels Hall | 5 PM
- Friday June 5th: Graduation
Classical Gymnasium | 9:30 AM
- Monday June 8th and Tuesday June 9th
MCAS Science Test
- Wednesday June 10: Financial Literacy Night for Parents and Students
Cafeteria | 5:30 PM
- Final Exams Begin Thursday June 18th and End Tuesday June 23rd.
- Last Day of School is Friday June 26
Dismissal at 11:45 PM
Report cards are being distributed to all students on Friday, April 17th. If a student has two F'S for the quarter he/she now becomes ineligible for Spring Athletics. If a student receives two F's in fourth quarter or a final grade he or she becomes ineligible to participate in fall sports. PLEASE NOTE THAT Summer school is for credit only not sport eligibility. If a student received forced F'S due to absences the student must meet with their Guidance Counselor and turn in the Appeal Form no later than Thursday, April 30th. All grades that were listed as Incomplete must be changed to a grade by Friday, May 8th. Any questions regarding any of the above should be directed to the students Guidance Counselor.
Seniors please be reminded of the following graduation requirements:
•Must have 25 credits senior year. Must also have a total of 100 credits. If you don’t have both you don’t graduate.
•Must have successfully passed MCAS ELA, MATH AND SCIENCE. If you did not receive a MCAS score of 240 or higher in ELA and Math, you must pass those subjects in Grade 11 and 12.
All student accounts must be paid in full to be eligible for Senior Week activities. Students received notice of what they owe.
Have a Fun and Safe Spring Break!
Juniors and seniors are invited to participate in the ASVAB test, which will be administered at Classical on 1/29/2015. The ASVAB is a great tool for matching your abilities and interests to career fields. Although it is also the test required for joining a military branch, you do not need to be interested in the military to participate. If you would like to take this test, please return a permission slip with a parent signature to Guidance. Permission slips are available in Guidance and can be printed from the attachment to this message.
Why should you take the ASVAB?
- Identify your strengths & weaknesses.
- Understand & organize information about interests, skills, work values and personal preferences.
- Understand the career exploration process in researching college majors and other occupations.
- Identify your interests and skill levels in everything from reading to electronics!
- Learn your career options in the United States' military services.
- Taking this test does not commit you to join the military.
- Both college and non-college bound students take the ASVAB.
- It is the most widely used aptitude test in the United States.
Now is the time to explore the world of work & identify your options.
Take advantage of this great opportunity to take the ASVAB.
Thursday, January 29, 2015
The Lynn Classical High School Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is scheduled for Saturday, May 16, 2015 at the Nahant Country Club.
The event will begin with a to 7 PM social hour followed by dinner and the induction. This years’ event will include Achievement as well as Athletic accomplishments.
It is with pride that we present the 2015 Inductees into the Classical Hall of Fame:
John "Jack” Carroll | 1973 Sports (Baseball)
Walter A. Cuffe, Jr. | Achievement
David Dufour | 1976 Sports (Football, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball)
Judith Flanagan Kennedy | 1980 Achievement
Thomas Grassa | Sports (Basketball)
Michael Hegan | 1966 Sports (Football, Track, Baseball)
Dennis Keaney | 1966 Sports (Basketball)
Monique Lee | 2004 Sports (Basketball)
Karen McCarthy Martin | 1981 Sports (Softball, Basketball)
Eric McGrath | 2004 Sport (Football, Baseball)
Greg Meehan | 1979 Sports (Football, Hockey, Baseball)
Anthony “Nick” Meninno | 1953 Achievement
Darrell Murkison | 1978 Sports (Football, Basketball, Baseball, Track)
Denise Silva | 1980 Sport (Swimming)
Paul Stafford | 1961 Achievement
William "Billy" Surrette | 1970 Sports (Football, Hockey, Baseball)
Tickets are $40 each and may be purchased at Lynn Classical High School (781-477-7404). Tickets will not be sold at the door.