Welcome to Lynn English High School
Welcome to Lynn English High School. As a former student, teacher and vice principal, I am honored to be the principal of this great institution. I look forward to each day, working with a great faculty and support staff. Our goal is to provide the best education possible for all Lynn English high school students.
Please read our core values, beliefs and learning expectations for all members of the Lynn English community.
Lynn English High School | Core Values, Beliefs, and Learning Expectations
The mission of the LEHS community is to have students become self-directed, life-long learners who acquire core knowledge, think critically and collaboratively, and effectively utilize technology to communicate and participate in a global society. We foster respectful, responsible behavior and leadership in a safe and supportive environment.
We are committed to the following beliefs about learning:
• Students learn best when expectations are clear.
• Students learn best when they are self-directed and engaged learners.
• Students learn best when learning is a collaborative process that occurs through positive interpersonal interaction.
We are committed to providing:
• A safe and supportive learning environment for all students.
• Access to the use of technology in order to engage in a global society.
• Opportunities for career and college readiness for life-long learners.
• A variety of teaching styles with multiple strategies and assessments.
We are committed to the following learning expectations:
• Learners will demonstrate the ability to think critically and analytically by using appropriate language in writing or as part of an oral presentation.
• Learners will demonstrate effective academic language skills in order to gather comprehend and utilize information obtained from various sources.
• Learners will use technology to collect, manipulate, and communicate data and information and apply that data to understanding and developing creative solutions to complex problems.
• Learners will demonstrate good citizenship through appropriate personal behavior and compliance with school and government regulations.