Welcome To The Hood Elementary School
Dear Hood Parents,
Welcome to another exciting year of learning at Hood Elementary! Over the summer, we have been preparing many new resources to provide to your children this year. These include new textbooks, more iPad computers, and innovative teaching strategies to help all Hood students reach their full academic potential. We know that you also have been working hard to support your children in completing their summer reading and keeping their learning alive throughout the summer. It is our team effort that makes Hood Elementary a great place for your children to learn and thrive!
There are a few updates that we would like to share with you to help you get ready for the beginning of this school year:
- On the first day of school, all Hood students will receive backpacks with school supplies.
- Book Reports are due on Friday, September 9th.
- For students in Grades 1 – 5, school begins on Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 8:15 AAM and the day ends at 2:15 PM.
- Students in Grades 1-5 will meet in the back schoolyard at 8:15 AM. They will look for their grade-level balloon color to find their grade, classroom and teacher. There will be posted classroom lists and staff available to help students find their assigned classrooms.
- For Kindergarten students, school begins on Monday, September 12, 2016 at 8:15 AM and the day ends at 2:15 PM.
- Kindergarten screenings are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, September 7th and 8th. Please bring medical and emergency information to complete forms, and please bring information to complete applications for free and reduced lunch.
Our first Hood Open House will be on Tuesday, September 27th from 5:30 - 7:00 PM. Please mark your calendars so you may meet your child’s teacher and learn about your child’s curriculum and daily schedule.
As you are planning your family’s schedule for the upcoming year, please remember how important it is for your child to be in school every day, on time at 8:15 AM and present for the entire school day. Valuable learning takes place during every minute of our school day. Scheduling appointments and taking vacations during vacation time will enable your children to maximize their learning opportunities in the upcoming school year.
Here’s to another great school year!
Mrs. Dufour, Principal