Welcome to Lynn Vocational Technical Institute
As a former graduate of a Vocational Technical High School and having served in many teaching and administrative capacities at Lynn Tech for almost 28 years, I am proud and honored to serve as Principal Director of this great and truly unique school. I believe that Lynn Tech is a great educational choice in that students will gain technical competency, employability skills and real world experience in a chosen technical area while earning a high quality academic education. Upon graduation our students are well prepared to enter the workforce or to continue their educational or career goals in two or four year colleges or technical institutions.
Lynn Tech offers sixteen technical areas that all students explore during part of their freshmen year before choosing a career path of study for the next three years. We offer three licensed trades where students log hours toward licensure while learning in shop. Co-Operative education and internships are also available to juniors and seniors who meet eligibility requirements. These students have the opportunity to transition into the workplace, offering them advanced on-the-job training that often leads to full time employment upon graduation.
The faculty and support staff at Lynn Tech is committed to providing our students with the best academic, technical and personal experience possible. Please read our mission statement and feel free to contact us if you’d like more information on what Lynn Tech has to offer.
Robert Buontempo Jr.
Lynn Vocational Technical Institute provides its student population with a career and technical education as well as a rigorous academic program. By creating a safe environment that is conducive to learning, students are able to develop into successful professionals and life-long learners. The school gives students the opportunity to participate in cooperative education, community service, and numerous extracurricular activities.
Lynn Vocational Technical Institute takes pride in supporting a diverse student body. The highly qualified staff is committed to helping its students excel in their academic and technical pursuits and in developing leadership skills that will prepare them for the future.
The mission of Lynn Vocational Technical Institute is to provide students with the academic and technical skills necessary to be college and career ready. We are committed to fostering and promoting a strong work ethic that will enable students to become productive, respectful and responsible adults.
- To use evidence-based teaching practices and instructional technologies to teach the content in the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
- To increase family and community involvement.
- To provide ongoing professional development to the staff.
- To provide students with guidance and support services that help to enrich their vocational, technical, academic, physical and social development.
- To provide a clean, safe, and welcoming school environment free of bullying, discrimination and harassment.
- To carry out the School Improvement Plan by using data to evaluate and inform curriculum.
- To expand the integration of vocational and academic education.
- To continually examine our CVTE programs and offer shops that will prepare students for careers in emerging local and global industries and trades.
“Students Today…Professionals Tomorrow”