"This Month At School" | May and June 2016
Monthly Announcements, News, Notes and More!
May 23, 2016
Dear Parent/ Guardian,
The middle of May is upon us. We are about to finish this school year’s layer of education which builds upon their foundation to move onto the next grade.
Below I have listed the important dates for the rest of May and for the month of June.
- PARCC Math Testing continues until Thursday, May 27, 2016.
Please remember that it is very important that all students are present during their testing time.
- Monday, May 30, 2016 | Memorial Day NO SCHOOL.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2016 | Education Fair& Ice Cream Social FROM 6 to 8 PM. Tickets are available starting Wednesday, May 25th to May 31st in the Main Office before school 7:30 to 8 PM and after school 1:45 to 2 PM Tickets will not be sold the day of the Social.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2016 | Spring Sing. First show is 9 AM and the Second show is 12:30 PM
Everyone must have a ticket. Please pick up the tickets in the Main Office beginning Wednesday, June 1st through June 6th. Hours are before school 7:30 to 8 AM and after school 1:45 to 2 PM. (4 tickets per family)
- Tuesday, June 14, 2016 | Sisson School’s night at the Red Sox Game.
- Friday, June 17, 2016 | Fifth Grade Dance- 5:00 PM to 7:00PM.
- Wednesday, June 22, 2016 | Kindergarten End of the year program at 9 AM in the Pickering Auditorium.
- Friday, June 24, 2016 | Fifth Grade Moving On Ceremony at 10:00 AM in the Pickering Auditorium. Tickets will be sent home with your child. (4 tickets per family)
- Monday, June 27, 2016 | Last Day of School. All students are dismissed at 10:45 PM
Important! Please remember that NO DOGS are allowed on school property. You can’t carry dogs in your arms and walk into the school yard. Thank you for your cooperation with this matter.
The weather is getting warmer and I want to remind everyone that you must follow the district dress code. If a student is not dressed appropriately, I will call a parent and you will have to bring a change of clothes.
I would like to thank everyone for their cooperation and support that you give us throughout the school year. Please take the time to enjoy the summer months and I look forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday, September 7, 2016 for a new school year.