Welcome To The Edward A. Sisson Elementary School
Another school year is under way and we are excited to have the opportunity to work with your children.
Some information follows to ensure your child’s school year is a happy and successful one.
- Attendance is extremely important. Your child should attend school every day. Please try to schedule doctor and dentist appointments for after school hours or on Saturday. Please send a note in with your child if he/she is absent explaining why they were not in school.
- School begin at 7:45.It is important that all students are here on time because breakfast is served promptly at 7:45 and ends at 8:00. Also when they are late, they miss valuable instructional time.
- Check each night to see what your child has for homework. Homework must be completed each night and returned the following morning.
- Students are not allowed to use cell phones in school, therefore the teacher will collect each cell phone and they will be kept in the office until the end of the school day.
- Kindergarten students will enter and leave the building through the side door labeled AI. Grade 1 enters through the back door that is located on the back school yard labeled BI Grade 2- 5 will enter through the front doors labeled A2.
During inclement weather (rain, snow) ALL students will enter through the front doors. (A2)
- Lunch and milk money will be collected on Thursday morning.
Lunch $1.55 per day, $7.75 weekly and $2.00 if you qualify for reduced lunch. Milk money is $.45 per day and $2.25 weekly.
- All visitors must report to the main office upon entering the building. The secretary will be very happy to assist you.
To visit a teacher or to attend a meeting, everyone must leave their license in the office and receive a badge.
- Open House & PTO- I want to thank all of the parents who attended our first Open House (Meet and Greet and the Title I Meeting that was held on September 24, 2015. I would also like to thank the parents who attended our first PTO Meeting that was held on September 28, 2015.
Dates to Remember:
- October 9, 2015-Prince Pizza Fundraiser Money Due.
- Monday, October 5, 2015 to Friday, Oct. 9, 2015 Fifth Grade Trip to Nature’s Classroom
- October 12, 2015. NO SCHOOL- Columbus Day
- October 21, 2015- Picture Day
- October 30, 2015-K-5 Halloween Parade- At 1:15 the students leave by the front door, walk down Conomo Ave to the back entrance to the schoolyard and then re-enter the building. Through the front doors. Students will not be dismissed before the end of the school day. It creates too much confusion in the office.
No Parties - please do not send in any candy or goodies.